Saturday, April 19, 2008

On the other hand..

While I'm on the topic of the UK, I'm sure you have all heard of the new artist Leona Lewis. Well actually, she is not that 'new'. She was the winner of the third season of X Factor, which can be described as an 'American Idol' show in the UK. She released her single ' A Moment Like This' in 2006 which broke a record being downloaded 50,000 times in 30 seconds. Since then her second single, of which we all have heard of today 'Bleeding Love' was the biggest selling single in 2007 in the UK and made its way to number one on April 5Th 2008 here in the US. Surprisingly, grumpy old Simon Cowell continues to say that Lewis is the next Whitney Houston and is the nicest, most talented artist he has ever worked with. I guess he actually can be kind! I have gotten the chance to listen to her new album "Spirit" which was released April 8Th, and I am loving it! Leona is a very talented woman and I expect to be hearing a lot from her in the future. Even though I am getting sick of 'Bleeding Love' already. Not only are the over doing it playing it 1000 times a day on the radio, but I have been listening to the song since last year! Stop already and Leona please release a new single to the radio stations! Here is one of my favorite songs on the album called " Better in Time", performed live.

0 comments: