Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pretty Odd

Panic at the Disco released their new album "Pretty Odd" and I think that the album title explains it all. From what we heard on their last album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out", I feel as though they are trying to take a different direction in how they want to sound with their music. "Pretty Odd" has so far been compared to with the sounds of The Beatles, but i wouldn't push it. PATD were inspired from the sounds of The Beatles and I feel that they were trying to bring that style of music from the 70's. What does sound most similar to the music of The Beatles is the background vocals are now sang by guitarist Ryan Ross with the lead singer Brendon Urie. The combination of the two is creating the same vibe of McCarthy and Lennon. Otherwise I would not go as far as comparing the two bands as being similar, that would only be putting down the legendary Beatles in my opinion. With a toned down album, most PATD fans are wondering how they will perform live now that their music is much more mellow. The band is known for their upbeat personalities on stage that went along with their music from their last album. I guess only time will tell.

0 comments: