Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Girl Power!

The Spice Girls, a 90's British girl group phenomenon. Scary, Baby, Ginger, Posh and Sporty Spice showed their "Girl Power" was nothing to mess with when they hit the charts with their first single "Wannabe" in 1996. Selling over 55 million albums, they are to this day one of the most successful girl groups of all time. After a fantastic run the girls decided to split ways in 2001, when they decided to focus on their solo careers and personal lives.
Before we all knew it on June 28, 2007 their reunion tour was announced and ready to go in December 07. When this was first announced, the tour was only consisting of an 11 date tour in select cities around the world. Soon it became a 25 date tour, with more convenient areas, so fans could really appreciate that they were back. The tour began in Vancouver Canada, and went on to places such as Los Vegas, New York, London, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Sydney, etc. and ended in Toronto.
When I heard the news that the Spice Girls were going on a reunion tour I was determined to get tickets. I grew up listening to their music and loved what they represented. I was an obsessed Spice Girl fan as a child, everything I did had to do with them. It was an amazing feeling to know that I could finally see them again 10 years later for their last tour. I had gotten floor seats at the Izod Center in the Meadowlands, where i stood alongside the stage of the show. I couldn't believe that I was actually there. They sang a mixture of their oldest songs, to their newest. They sang the songs without Ginger spice, when she had left the group. And also they had each done their own solo act, which showed that they had their own lives and gone in their own paths, while coming together as one for this tour.
This was definitely a tour to see with the amazing sets, crazy dancers and a number of costume changes kept you singing and dancing from beginning to end. When I was there singing along to the songs i once sang as a child, I realized what could bring out the kid in me, and how happy it made me. I am so glad that I got to experience this tour.

0 comments: