Sunday, March 30, 2008

Say What?

Ok so you don't always have to like the words to a song in order to like it right? Hey, you can have a favorite song of ALL time, and not even know what it really means. This actually happened to me. One of my favorite songs is Wonderwall by Oasis. I'm not too sure why, I can't exactly explain that to you but it will never fail that the song will put me in a great mood every time I hear it. For the longest time I had no idea what a Wonderwall was, but I figured it had to be something good? Fortunately, one day I went Google happy and came across a website that I found very resourceful. It's called songfacts.com and it informs you of the meanings behind some of your favorite songs. Of course there are other websites just like this, but most of them are full of people saying things totally irrelevant to the song itself. Getting back to my favorite song (haha) well when I first listened to the song I right away thought it was about a relationship and being in love and his girlfriend was his "wonderwall"(la di da we are in love type of thing that everyone else sings about). Little did i know the song is actually about a best friend, or a friend that you have yet to find that is going to save you from yourself. I didn't know the song had that much meaning, so next time you hear a song and are a bit confused, try checking out it's history, it may come as a shock to you.

0 comments: