Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On the Radio

Infomercials, Pranks and a whole lot of nonsense. That is what I hear most on the radio. I love listening to new music and listening to see what else is out there but lately it's seemed pretty impossible. In the morning when I wake up the first thing I want to do is jam out and listen to some music. I turn the radio dial and all I hear is annoying Disc Jockeys talk about their life, and quite honestly I'm not interested. They might throw in a song every 20 minutes to take a breather in the morning but that's about it. The mass radio stations are all about the most popular music out there and it never fails that you can turn to 4 different stations and hear the same exact song on at the same exact time. (With you, with you, with you, with you) It's possible that I may come across a station that will play a few good songs in a row but as soon as it starts getting good, here come the 5-7 minutes of commercials ha ha, you never win. Oh, so you like Z100? Well I'm glad you can listen to the same 10 songs every hour but I can't, it gets way to annoying and results in me putting on a CD or flipping through my ipod in my car. Everything these days is so commercial, I feel as if it takes contests, interviews with big stars, or pranks to hear people freak out in order to keep an audience. As we are approaching the future the less radio is being listened to, and the more and more people are getting into satellite radio. Satellite is much easier to find something to listen to and there is always a large variety, old school and new school music all day. Satellite is taking music to the next level, playing new artists and new music so its not the same tired old played out music you hear every day. Take that radio!

0 comments: